Tuesday 10 June 2014

OUT OF THE FRYING PAN INTO THE FIRE






Damn my luck I fall and I fall in frying pan into the fire.
I´m bad thing and I´m going to a worse thing



This phrase you can see in the book THE HOBBIT, but this is the origin:
In their frantic quest for a solution that would prevent them from being fried alive in the hot oil, one of them suggested to the rest that they could save their lives by jumping out of the frying. The other fish jumped at the idea and quickly jumped out of the frying pan in an attempt to save their lives, but upon taking this action, they instantly met their deaths as they fell directly into the burning coals upon which the frying pan was on and were roasted alive. The fish therefore literally jumped out of a bad situation into a far worse one that speedily killed them all.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment